UNS N06600 (Inconel 600)
Material grades and equivalents
UNS N06600 (Inconel 600)/ GB NS312 / UNS N06600 / SEW VDIUV W.Nr.2.4816 NiCrl 5Fe/ BS NA14 / AFNOR NC15FE
UNS N06600 (Inconel 600)Chemical composition:
UNS N06600 (Inconel 600)Physical properties:
|Melting Point||1370-1425 ℃|
UNS N06600 (Inconel 600)Alloy minimum Mechanical properties in the room temperature:
|Aolly status||Tensile strength||Yield strength||Elongation||Brinell hardness|
|Rm N/mm²||R P 0. 2N/mm²||A 5 %||HB|
UNS N06600 (Inconel 600) Characteristic as below：
- Good corrosion resistance property for the reduction, oxidation, Nitric and other media.
- Good stress corrosion cracking resistance property in both room temperature and high temperature.
- Good corrosion resistance of the dry chlorine and chlorine
- Good mechanical property when below zero, room temperature and high
- Good anti-creep rupture strength, with the recommendation of 700℃ or above working environment.
UNS N06600 (Inconel 600) Metallurgical structure
- UNS N06600 (Inconel 600) is face-centered cubic lattice structure.
UNS N06600 (Inconel 600) Corrosion resistance
- UNS N06600 (Inconel 600) have corrosion resistance to many kinds of corrosive media. Chromium content made it with better corrosion resistance than Nickel 99.2 (alloy200) and Nickel 99.2 ( alloy201,low carbon) in the oxidize environment. Meantime, high Nickel content make this alloy with good corrosion resistance in the reduction condition and alkaline solution, and also effective avoid chlorine-iron stress corrosion cracking. Inconel600 have good corrosion resistance in the acid, acetic acid, formic acid, stearic acid and other organic acid, with medium corrosion resistance in the inorganic acid. The alloy with excellent corrosion resistance in the first and the second recycling use of the high purity water in the nuclear reactor.Especially excellent corrosion resistance to dry chlorine and chlorine hydride applied up to 650 ℃. When nder the high temperature, annealing and state solution alloy have good antioxidant off and high-intensity in the air, Inconel600 can resist the ammonia, nitriding and carburizing atmosphere, but at the turn of the changes in redox conditions, it will be corrosion by parts of oxidation media.( such as green death liquid)
UNS N06600 (Inconel 600) Application field：
- Erosion thermocouple sheath of the atmosphere
- Vinyl chloride monomer production: corrosion resistance to chlorine, hydrogen chloride, oxidation and
- Oxide shaft chloride converted to six fluoride: hydrogen fluoride anti-corrosion.
- Corrosive alkali metal produce and usage filed, especially the sulfide use
- Use Chlorine produce titanium dioxide
- Organic or inorganic chlorine produce: corrosion resistance to chlorine and
- Nuclear reactor
- Heat treatment furnace flask and components, especially in the carbonization and nitride
- Petrochemical works production of catalytic regeneration in the application of more than 700℃ recommended the use of 600, in order to obtain a longer service