Hastelloy C-276/ UNS N10276
Material grades and equivalents
Hastelloy C-276/GB NS334/UNS N10276/SEW VDIUV W.Nr.2.4819 NiMo16Cr15W/BS NC17D/NiMo16Cr15
Hastelloy C276 Chemical composition
Hastelloy C276 Physical properties:
|Melting point||1325-1370 ℃|
Hastelloy C276 Alloy m inimum mechanical properties in the room temperature
|Alloy state||Tensile strength Rm N/mm²||Yield strength R P0. 2N/mm²||Elongation A 5 %|
Characteristic as below:
- Excellent corrosion resistance to most of corrosion media in oxidation and reduction
- Excellent resist pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking
Hastelloy C276 Metallurgical structure
Hastelloy C276 is face-centered cubic lattice structure.
Hastelloy C276 Corrosion resistance
C276 alloy suit for many kinds of chemical process industry which contain the oxidizing medium and reductant. High molybdenum and chromium content make it can resist the chloride corrosion, and tungsten make it corrosion resistance better.C276 is one of a few material that can resist the corrosion of most chlorine, hypochlorite and chlorine dioxide, this alloy have prominent corrosion resistance to high concentration chlorate( iron chloride and copper chloride).
Hastelloy C276 Application field：
C276 is widely used in the chemical field and petrifaction field, such as the element of chloride organic and catalyze system. This material especially suit for high temperature environment, impure inorganic acid and organic acid (such as formic acid and acetic acid), sea-water corrosion environment.
Other application field：
- The digester and bleacher in the use of paper pulp and paper making
- Absorption tower, re-heater and fan in the FGD
- The equipment and parts in the use of acidic gas
- Acetic acid and anhydride reaction generator
- Sulfur acid cooling
- Manufacture and processing of impure phosphoric acid.